Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Today is Valentines Day.  I don't really know if I like the holiday or not.  Part of me thinks it is just a way to sell more candy and flowers, but the other part would love to be shown the most romantic night of my life.  I doubt that will ever happen, since our schedules are so hectic, but a girl can dream can't she? 

Today consisted of weighing it at Weight Watchers (of which I lost 1.6 lbs!), paying bills (yippie) and then the school parties.  I usually hang in Emily's room since there are never any other parents in there.  I showed up a little bit late and Emily told me her friends were starting to miss me.  They love having me in their room for parties.  I take that as a huge compliment, coming from nine year olds!  Whenever I walked into Chris' room I heard a ton of "Mrs. Herman!'s" or "you are Chris' mom".  Pretty cool really.  I love that.

After school Emily asked if we could go get her a new pair of gym shoes.  I guess hers have been tight for awhile now and she just never wanted to ask.  We got in the car and decided to head to Payless.  We usually have really good luck there with finding her shoes.  On the way, we passed a Kohls and decided to try there first.  Nothing.  There were about five different styles...all with sparkles or rainbow colors.  Imagine a rainbow throwing up all over the shoes...now that you have the image in your head add a whole bottle of sprinkles on top.  Those were the only shoes Kohls had.  We got back in the car and went to Payless.  There were only three styles there in her size, and all of them were the rainbow throw up kind.  ugh.  After a trip to Kmart and Meijer, both with no good results, we ended up at Target.  Finally!  Shoes that were normal!! 

My question is this.....why do stores not carry shoes for girls anymore?  Do they really think that boys need 20 choices, and girls 2 or 3?  I mean, really!  We are talking about girls who LOVE SHOES!  Honestly, it never should have been that difficult to find Emily shoes.  Never!

Oh well.  It was a fun day and now for a relaxing evening at home.  Happy Valentines Day to you! 

No comments: