Sunday, February 20, 2011

sunday sunday

Yesterday Jerry and I made the kids clean around the house.  Emily had to clean her room and the kids bathroom, and Chris had to do the basement and his room.  While they were doing that Jerry and I helped them go through their clothes and pulled out the ones that were too small.  Five bags later, their rooms were pretty clean.  After all that Emily went to a slumber party and Chris went to my parents house so we could have a date night.

Jerry and I decided to go to Longhorn Steakhouse, after trying four other restaurants with huge waits.  We always have had great service and amazing food when we go there, but this time Jerry had a long piece of plastic in his mashed potatoes.  It looked like a white toothpick.  He could have been seriously hurt had he swallowed it.  We told the server who had the manager bring out some new potatoes.  We figured he would comp our meal, or at the very least offer us free dessert.  Boy, were we wrong.  He said he was sorry, told us he knew where it had come from and then walked away.  No free dessert.  No free dinner.  No nothing.  In this economy you would think he would have done something.  From there we went to see The Kings Speech.  Good movie!  At times it was hard to understand the British words but overall Colin Firth did a fantastic job!   

Emily called me twice while she was at the slumber party.  The first time she said she missed me and just wanted to say hi.  It warmed my heart that she was thinking of me while at a party.  The second time was because the girls were telling ghost stories and she was scared.  We worked through that and I thought things were fine.  At 7:15 this morning my phone rang again.  This time she was crying.  She is scared of cats, after one bit her a couple times, and the place she was staying had a cat.  According to Emily she hadn't slept all night because the cat had settled in her sleeping bag and wouldn't get out.  She told me that she slept on the hard floor with no covers and ended up in the bathroom at 3am. She told me she almost fell asleep there and wanted to call me.  When she did call me finally she told me she had locked herself in the bathroom and was trapped by the cat, who was sitting outside the door.  I ended up going and getting her at 7:20am.  In the car ride home I asked her why she didn't just climb in the sleeping bag and sleep with the cat in there.  She told me she did but it was a kitten and every time she moved her feet it would attack her.  I started to chuckle at the image in my head and got yelled at by her. lol.  Oh well.  She slept until 1:30am. (My brain is fuzzy, hence the scattered writing in this entry.)

Now we are settled in for a long, wintry day ahead.  Groceries have been purchased and all is right with the world.  Until the ice comes, that is.

Have a safe and wonderful day everyone!

No comments: