Tuesday, April 5, 2011

wow, its been a long time

Wow, I have not posted anything in a very long time.  I just haven't had a lot to say I suppose.

 I've been dealing with a lot of emotional stuff with Emily lately.  She claims no one will talk to her at school and her grades are dropping.  Report Cards come out this week, so we will see just how low they have dropped.  I just know the mistakes I see coming home are careless mistakes.  It's frustrating.  I actually had her talk to a therapist last night, a friend of the family that she knows, and I think it helped.  She told her a lot of the same things and the therapist told her exactly what I had been saying.  As frustrating as that is, I know hearing it from someone else is always the key.  I also found out that she trusts me and is comfortable telling me everything.  That was really good to hear! 

On a funnier note...we played an April Fool's Day joke on Emily's swim coach last Friday.  We went up to him at the beginning of practice and told him it was going to be Emily's last day of swimming.  We said that she just was losing interest and didnt' want to swim anymore.  He looked devastated and didn't know what to say.  Then Emily broke out in a smile and yelled "April Fools"!!!  He started laughing really hard and starting whipping pull boys at her.  It was hysterical!  I'm usually not good at those kind of jokes but I did pretty well this time :)

I had my flute recital with Aaron Kalenieki on Sunday afternoon.  I think it went really well, actually.  We didn't spend a lot of time planning it and only ran each piece twice but overall I think it went great.  The problem I had was that it was just very warm in the church and so my lip kept sweating.  When that happens it is really hard to keep my lip centered on the lip plate and that results in fuzzy tone.  I think I kept it at bay for the most part but it is making me think about how I can fix this problem, because it seems to be getting worse and is happening more often. 

I suppose that's enough for now.  I'll be back! :)

No comments: