Monday, April 18, 2011

My awesome weekend

So, this past weekend was my friend, Nikki's, birthday.  Three of us made plans to head out together saturday in Grand Haven for the citywide blues festival going on.  We started out at a place called Kirby's, where we settled in for happy hour.  $1.99 cosmos...how can you go wrong?  Well, very easily with those prices, let me tell you!  We had a few there and also ordered a pizza as a snack.  After the band started, and we realized it wasn't really blues music, we moved on to a new brewery pub across the street.  I can't remember the name of it, but they had some very interesting beer.  I was feeling like I needed a small break so I ordered just a plain rootbeer.  The band was great there, so we stuck around until their break.  We decided that we should have dinner so we walked to Portobello's and had a yummy dinner, with dessert.  I had the chicken marsala and thought it was pretty good.  Peanut butter pie for dessert! After dinner we moved to The Grand, which is a lobby of an old movie theater.  The band there was amazing and we stayed here for awhile.  My friend Nikki, who's birthday weeekend it was, had about nine martinis throughout the night.  I think I only had 5 over an eight hour span.  Not too bad I dont think. 

Angie, Nikki and I always have a blast when we get together and this time was no exception.  The laughs we shared cannot be compared to anything else.  There is always something that makes our day and ends up being our catch phrase for that weekend.  One time it was a guy driving like a mad man, down a one way street backwards.  That was a classic laughing fit that we couldn't stop for hours afterwards.  (VVRRROOOOMMM).  Just seeing that word can have me giggling for a few minutes.  Then there was the magic car ride, with Randy and Angie.  That was another classic night.  Now we have "dude, where's my car?".  For some reason we couldn't find Angie's car.  It's a new car and we just couldn't find it.  We finally find it, get in, and start on our way home.  We're driving though the city and all of a sudden I realize that we just went through a red light, with Angie driving.  I casually asked her if she realized that was a red light.  She paused, looked at me, and started to laugh.  That just set us off again.  I haven't laughed that hard in months! 

What I have come to realize is that if you have a couple friends you can completely let your guard down with and enjoy completely, then you are absolutely blessed!  I thank God everyday for the people in my life, and these two girls are on the top of my list!  They may live far away but I know if I needed them they would be there! 

Thank you ladies, for a fabulous weekend!  Let's do it again sometime soon!!

1 comment:

NikkiB said...

Honey, I know I'm blessed to have you and Angie in my life!!! You completely made my birthday the best one yet!!!! I can't wait til the next time... but I don't think I should ever have nine martinis again!!! Bad idea...