Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day of school

The day has finally come.  The kids step on the bus and the house goes quiet!  I was looking forward to this day for about a month now, since the craziness of having the kids with me 24/7 was really getting to me.  However, after being without them for a couple hours I started to miss them.  Crazy huh? 

While driving home from Target I started remembering the summer and all we did.  Pretty fun times really!  The first part of the summer was all about swimming, swimming and more swimming.  Both kids were participating in Trenton Swim Club this summer and did amazing!  Chris was one of the top "8 and unders" on the team and Emily was one of the top "10 and unders".   We racked up a lot of medals and ribbons between the two of them.  In fact, Emily won a gold and two silvers at the state swim meet! 

Our main vacation this summer was to Traverse City with the four of us, and Pokegan with the Herman family.  It was such a great time!  We did Go Karts, wine tasting, lighthouse looking, sight seeing, and eating! 

We saw pretty much any movie that came out for kids and ate tons of popcorn, movie and homemade. 

The only bummer for me was my back issues.  I feel like, looking back, I didn't give them the best summer they could have had because of my limitations.  We only went to the zoo once, instead of multiple times as before.  We didn't go bowling, or take any walks.  I was just so busy trying to recuperate that I couldn't do much else.  I will always feel badly about that. 

Overall, I think we had a pretty decent summer and I found myself a little bit sad that it had ended today.  Having the kids back in school, with structure and friends.....its what they need. 

And so the new school  year begins.  I wish all the teachers and students out there the best year ever!  May the grades be good, the students want to learn and the parents be able to keep up with the activities! 

Happy School Year Everyone!!!

No comments: